Wednesday, May 2, 2012

flowers and fabric and sewing

Jamie and I have been spending our time working on our teeny-tiny container garden, leaving me with less time to work on other projects. We spent an entire Saturday at the Ft. Collins Nursery Co. looking for vegetables and flowers and coming home with a car full of plants. Our southern exposure garden is now filled with drought-tolerant and full sun plants.

This past weekend we took our monthly trip into Boulder to hit the nearest Lush and stopped at Fabricate! a relatively new fabric shop near the Pearl St. Mall (right around the corner from Pharmica on 17th if you're in the area). I picked up some lovely fat quarters and a copy of The Practical Guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman. I've been wanting this book for a while and I could have ordered it online, but when it comes to craft books I like to flip through them before I buy them.

I finally cut into my Lisette lawn and started on the Souvenir blouse. The front and back pieces are finished and I've started work on the sleeves, which are taking longer since I've decided to french seam them. We'll see how that goes. -_-;;


No comments:

Post a Comment