Thursday, September 8, 2011

progress report 01

While I haven't actually cut into my fabric I have done some prep work. I was planning on taking some pictures of the fabric purchased for this project yesterday, but nature was working against me. :( It rained all day and while I could have taken the pictures indoors I prefer pictures taken in natural light and the dimness in my apartment was not ideal. So instead I worked on translating the Gosu Rosi pattern for the pleated skirt and now have the measurements for that worked out. Tomorrow I am planning on taking pictures of the fabric(weather permitting), cutting the fabric, and marking out the pleats. If I'm lucky *fingers crossed* I should be able to get the pleats ironed and then start top-stitching them to hold the pleats permanently.

This step is not something I usually suggest, but I hate when my pleats fall out halfway through however long I'm planning on wearing my costumes. I top-stitched the pleats on my Utena costume a few years back after the fabric wouldn't hold a pleat for more than about 30 minutes. It's almost unnoticeable and only those who get their faces up close will ever notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment